Make the most of your time!
You could be a remote professional who is looking for a change in a work environment or a student looking for a more inspirational place to burn the midnight oil and study.
A free course is obviously very appealing because you get knowledge and learn about something for free, however the instructors will not be too concerned about your progress and there is less interaction with the instructors.
- free code camp
- This online course provider is exclusively for people with an interest in web development and equips its students to become junior web developers upon its completion. There is also a very strong community built around it, with many study groups being set up in different countries around the world that meet on a regular basis.
- The courses last anywhere from 4 to 10 weeks with 1 to 2 hours of video lecture per week. You are assessed with weekly quizzes,Tests and sometimes even a final exam or project. Very similar to EDX except that it offers more flexibility to its students in completing the course
- mit open course ware
- Find some very challenging MIT courses here. All course material is downloadable and all lectures are available on demand, which means the course can be completed according to the candidate’s convenience.
- Created by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard University in May 2012,this non profit massive open online course provider provides courses in different languages like English, French, Mandarin and Spanish by some of the most well recognized universities in the world like MIT and Harvard University themselves.
Paid courses provide their students better education and the instructors are more receptive to your questions and offer greater support.
- Udemy is a platform that allows experts from various backgrounds to create courses and offer them online. The courses are either free or a small tuition fee is charged for them. A wide variety of different courses are available on this platform and there is a lot of student teacher interaction.
- They offer a handful of vocational courses in partnership with some of the best companies in the world like Google, Amazon and Facebook. Their objective is to equip you with the skills and knowledge to make you employable upon the completion of the course.
- Lynda provides thousands of video courses in software, creative and business skills. For full access to all their courses all you need to do is pay a small monthly membership fee.
- tree house
- Tree house is an online coding school that offers courses in building websites, I phone, Android and web apps. The Treehouse learning platform includes 1,000+ videos, quizzes and code challenges created by in-house, expert teachers, so students gain up to date training in the most popular tech topics.